Commander, Aerospace Group Edit
The Commander, Aerospace Group is the senior pilot aboard a starship, responsible for all Aero Wing/Aero Group operations and personnel. This billit is filled by the senior flight officer with the rank of Captain of higher.
In the real world, A CAG is an officer (O-6 or higher) that is of equal seniority to the ship's captain (or skipper), with both under the command of an admiral who commands the Carrier Strike Group. In the Mirandaverse, the CAG is under the command of the ship's commander regardless of rank or seniority.
USS Miranda CAG Edit
The USS Miranda's Aerospace Group is arranged as follows by their Code, Squadron, Nickname, and Assigned Craft.
- Carrier Air Group Command:
- Carrier Air Group #77 (CAG-77)- 40 Personnel attached to overall operations.
- (AIW-01), Attack/Interceptor Wing 1 Rogue Squadron, F-72R Rogue V (60 Personnel)
- (ABW-02), Attack/Bombing Wing 2 Rebel Squadron, A-6AS Intruder (60 Personnel)
- (ARW-03), Reconnaissance Wing 3 Renegade Squadron, XF-3A Valkyrie(60 Personnel)
- (SSW-04), Starfighter Support Wing 4, (No Nickname) (40 Personnel)